Permit and Licensing Applications
Applications for Alarm Business License, Alarm Permit, Peddler's Permit, Secondhand Store License and Transient Merchant License.
- Alarm Business License Application
- This license is required for any business that installs or monitors individual and/or business alarm systems. This is an annual fee of $250, that can be made payable to the City of Terre Haute. Applications and payment should be mailed to the following address: City of Terre Haute, Room 205, 17 Harding Avenue, Terre Haute, IN 47807
- Alarm Permit Application
- This permit is required for all individuals and businesses that have an alarm system installed at their home and/or business. The permit is in effect for 2 years and cost $10.00. Once our office receives the completed application (along with payment), we will send you an alarm permit sticker, that will need to be posted on your front window or door. The complete application and payment can be mailed or dropped off to the following address: City of Terre Haute, Room 205, 17 Harding Avenue, Terre Haute, IN 47807.
- Peddler's Permit Application
- A Peddler's Permit is required of anyone that doesn't have a bona fide business with in the City limits, that will go door to door to sell product or services. A Peddler's Permit will need to be issued to each employee, not the business as a whole. Each application will need to be completed and payment received before the issuance of the permit. The fee is determined by the following: 1 day = $5.00 per person, 1 month = $10.00 per person, 6 month = $25.00 per person, 1 year = $50.00 per person. The application can be dropped off or mailed to the following address: City of Terre Haute, Room 205, 17 Harding Avenue, Terre Haute, IN 47807
- Secondhand Dealer License
- A Secondhand Store License is required for a businesses that buy or sell any secondhand items. There is an annual fee of $25, that can be made payable to the City of Terre Haute. Once payment and a complete application are received by our office, we will issue the License. The application and payment can be dropped off or mailed to the following address: City of Terre Haute, Room 205, 17 Harding Avenue, Terre Haute, IN 47807
- Transient Merchant License Application
- Anyone who wants to sell an item or product on a corner or at a certain location in the city limits that doesn't have a store front in the city, would be required to purchase a Transient Merchant license. There is an application and background check that is required before the issuance of this license. The fee for this license is $50 per day per location. The City Code will only allow no more than 10 days consecutive in one location. A completed application and payment can be either dropped off or mailed to the following address: City of Terre Haute, Room 205, 17 Harding Avenue, Terre Haute, IN 47807
- Drug and Tobacco Paraphernalia and Accessories Establishment License
- The Drug and Tobacco Paraphernalia and Accessories Establishment License is required by any establishment within the City Limits of Terre Haute, that falls under this Ordinance. The annual fee is $60 per establishment. In order to issue a license, the City Controller's Office requires a completed application and fee per establishment. Each license expires on December 31st of each year that it is issued. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact the Controller's office.
- Mobile Food Vendor License
- Attached is the application for the Mobile Food Vendor License. The link to find out more about this license, is as follows: http://www.terrehaute.in.gov/departments/city-council/2016-ordinances-resolutions-and-agendas-1/july-ordinances-resolutions-and-agendas/GO 10- 2016 Introduced.pdf/view