Below is a list of frequently asked questions and information concerning the Terre Haute City Court. 
Please read carefully.

NOTE:  All Misdemeanor cases are court required appearances.  Some Infraction cases are also court required appearances.  In addition, some Ordinance cases are as well. 

Can I continue my court appearance date over the telephone?

You cannot request a continuance of your court case over the telephone.  You may file a MOTION TO CONTINUE if you are NOT represented by an attorney (including a Public Defender).  Please CLICK HERE to access the form. 

If you need to review your court case information, including court hearing date, please CLICK HERE.   

Failure to appear in court on your assigned court date may result in a bench warrant being issued for your arrest or a suspension of your driving privileges.

If you have a trial scheduled, you must request a continuance at least ten (10) business days prior to the trial date.  if you have an attorney or public defender, you must contact them.

Please CLICK HERE for court hours and holidays

How do I plead not guilty?

Please CLICK HERE for information on Infraction or Ordinance cases.  If you have a Misdemeanor case, please appear on your court date at 8:30am. 


Can I ask for an extension to pay my court costs and fees? 

Currently, you must contact the City Clerk's Office for more information.  Please call 812-244-2103 Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm (excluding holidays).


 Where can I find my court case information?


Please click here for court case information online instructions


I missed my court date.  What is my next step?

First, check your court case information online to see if there was a bench warrant issued.  Please click here for instructions.  If a bench warrant has been issued, please call the office (812-244-2103) Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm (excluding holidays) for more information.   If you have an attorney (including a Public Defender) you must contact them to resolve this matter.

If a default judgment has been entered, you must file a MOTION TO SET HEARING.  Please click here for the form.  You will need your case number.  If you do not have your case number, click here to look it up.

How do I know what the total amount due is on my case?

You can view your case online at, click here to access it.  Please allow five (5) business days for the case to be filed.  If your case does not list a price and no hearing is scheduled, please call our office at 812-244-2103 Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm (excluding holidays).  If your case has a hearing scheduled, you must appear in court.