Click Here to Start Permits_Licenses - Website.PNG

The City of Terre Haute Department of Engineering welcomes everyone to our online permitting services.  Click here or use the button above to access our online permitting servicer, Cityworks. This third-party organization allows us to sell permits, schedule inspections, license contractors, and review plans anywhere you have an internet connection. This service requires users to create a login and password and it keeps track of permits throughout the entire process. 

Frequently Asked Questions:

When is a permit needed?

When is a Contractor's License needed?

How does someone pay for permits?

Checks, cash, and money order transactions will be processed by the City of Terre Haute Controller’s Office located at 17 Harding Ave, Room 205. Credit or debit transactions will be processed through Cityworks Public Access.

How are inspections scheduled? 

Login to Cityworks, on the desired permit click the "Actions" tab then select "Schedule Inspection". You may also call the Terre Haute Engineering Department at 812-244-4903 or email [email protected] with a building permit number to schedule inspections at least 24 hours in advance. 

When is plan review needed?